They say the best gift you can give a toddler is an empty oatmeal carton. With dogs, it is a slice of marrow bone. It not only keeps them occupied for about an hour initially the residual chew times can go on for days.
Telemarketers and other auto-dialer phone nazis use a program that allows the phone number four rings and then disconnects. Some stretch it to six rings. When I grew up, long before the advent of answering machines, you were taught to let the phone ring ten times before you hung up. Ten rings is roughly equivalent to one minute. But in today's digital world where the programmers believe people are married to their phones they have programmed in a bias that allows me to easily avoid them. I answer only after six rings.
The dogs have a certain schedule for bathroom times whether you are home or not.
I used to think I was busy. Now I have a tough time keeping up with myself.
If you take the neighbors blackberry coffee cake, they'll return the plate very quickly. Give them homemade, five bean soup and you won't hear from them for a few days.
It is not difficult cooking for one. Just make enough for six and eat for a week. Following that same logic leads to panic when you have 18 days of food and your taste buds shift again. Thank God for freezer space. And neighbors.
To hell with the Tooth Fairy. I want a Laundry Fairy that takes it and gives me a quarter for leaving it out.
Play until you are tired and then rest. The world will wait until you get up.
to be continued... both in thought as well as form.
No comments:
Post a Comment