Saturday, February 19, 2011

Third Time's a Charm

An Introduction of Sorts:

     This program is asking me if I want to see what this will look like, even before I begin.  To tell you the truth . . . I don't care.  I spent time on the last two blogs I started; one free, one paid for on another service.  Can't find either of them.

     I could blame this computer - or the web - or divine providence I guess; but, more than likely it's just me.  Regardless, I am trying this again and hopefully will be able to find it again when time allows or the brain demands.

     People write for different reasons.  I have had more than a few tell me that I should write about my town and I have.  It's easy to do.  I love living here and have been here longer than I have been anywhere in my life.  But I want to write about more than that.

     Some say I should write about sand sculpting since it is something I am passionate about.  And I would happily do so, but I am not a sculptor and my knowledge of the actual artform is limited to the realm of a peripheral member of the sculpting community, similar perhaps to a host who packs his parties with movie stars but has never appeared on screen.  As such, while my passion is great, my knowledge is limited and I feel my observations border between bland and boring.

     Unfortunately for me my creative bent is writing and it is something I must do.  That's not a "maybe" or an "if" or even a delusion of some type of grandeur.  I am a writer by training and by education and it is something that I must do for my mental health.  I can no sooner stop my writing desire than a musician could devoid her world of the notes that run through her head or the artist not doodle at least.

     Whether or not anyone will ever stumble upon this is a consideration that does not really matter from the point of its creation.  It would be gratifying to discover that someone found this and felt it warranted reading -- for that is the ego stroke all writers wish; but, this is begun through necessity.

     There are no shackles or limitations on this exercise as there had been n my two previous attempts.  The reader will have to accept they get whatever is laid before them, somewhat akin to taking a mystery tour.

     That being said. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment